Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Running Hard...

Since being brought to full-funding and laboring on campus, I feel like I have been set free to run hard for the glory of God on campus! It's been exciting to see Him work in the hearts of the girls I'm meeting with, and challenging as well. I am realizing more and more that ministry is unpredictable, and so seeing more and more the need to TRUST God for the hearts of people.

Kelly, one of the women I mentioned in my last post that I am discipling who is getting married, has made some drastic decisions in terms of when she and Sam will be getting married (they've decided to go forward with it this Saturday, the original date was in August). I was taken completely off guard and we have not yet had the opportunity to talk about her and Sam's reasoning behind this. Would you please pray that God will give me wisdom and understanding and the courage to extend both grace and truth, and that Kelly and Sam will also be granted a willingness re-evaluate things with wisdom, discernment and caution? (specifically Colossians 1:9-12 for them and for me)

Another girl I've had the privilege of getting to know is Beth, a junior, who I met in our student union at the end of last semester. We've been able to meet a couple of times, and she has expressed a desire to grow in her relationship with Jesus, but has become overwhelmed with school and getting sent overseas (she's in the National Guard). We've kept it open in terms of hanging out every once in awhile, but it is my prayer that God will grow her desire to seek Him in fellowship. It is in His capable and trustworthy hands.

Would you also continue praying for Jenessa? Right now we are doing a Word study on the heart - what God desires of our hearts, and how our heart plays into our relationship with Him. She continues to be faithful in pursuing a deeper walk, and it is my heart that the Lord would grow her roots down deep in Him.

On a personal note...

I have been challenged this semester in discipline with how I structure my time in terms of keeping a balance between ministering to students, ministry training, and keeping up with two online courses I have the task of completing by May, preparing for the mission trip to Turkey in June, as well as in trying to schedule in rest (which is a lot harder than I thought it would be). It sometimes becomes so overwhelming, and I am fighting to keep everything in its proper place - that is, being given over to the Lord. I realize more and more how much I need Him in all things, or I will face burn out or failing to complete the tasks I have to do, and in all of this is a growing desire - one that sometimes consumes me - to "live...among the lost," as our Navigator mission statement says. Sometimes it's just hard to even know where to begin. God is faithful to keep me in His will, His vision for how He wants to use me, and how He desires to refine me - my desire is that I would keep my heart soft and willing to learn and grow and let go of any bad habits or ways of thinking that would keep me from ministering effectively. I am encouraged in this by 1 Peter 2:9- that I am part of " a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." It's knowing that God has already given me this identity frees me to take risks for His Kingdom.

May He be assuring you of your identity in Christ as well!

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2007 at 7:31 AM , Blogger Chris Hill said...

Hey Morgan, I didn't know you had a blog until I got your email. I hope all is well in Minnesota.

I know this is well past the date you posted, and also that you're not looking for any advice (I don't mean this as advice, just a thought I have), but I think getting married quickly can be a good thing, as long as both parties are completely committed (something that is only shown after a very long period of time - i.e., in marriage - so you can't really know until it's too late). The commitment is the issue, and if that commitment is there, get married today! Waiting sometimes only leaves room for sin.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

utah real estate