Thursday, January 25, 2007

Back in Minnesota!

Hey everyone!! - it's almost a month into 2007 and I am finding it hard to believe that February is almost here! I know a lot of time has passed since my last email update, so let me catch you up:

December/January:I spent the first week of December wrapping up the semester as thestudents attended our annual Christmas party, which I had the privilege of planning. It went off without a hitch, and was a great way to end the semester! Then it was off to Colorado Springs for a week for our second national EDGE training, and we got to hear from some of the top Nav guys: Alan Andrews, Mike Jordahl, and of course Jim Lube the national EDGE director! I took one BIG lesson away from the Summit: BELIEVE GOD. With a semester of ministry behind me and 3 weeks of fundraising ahead of me I had been feeling tired and somewhat anxious: was this REALLY God's calling? Would He provide the rest of my funds? But God was calling me to believe Him. He had given me the passage Isaiah 66:9 earlier in the semester, but it hit me especially hard now:


"'Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?' says
the Lord; 'shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?'"

God spoke this to the Israelites at the end of the book of Isaiah, promising to bring to pass ALL of His promises, and as I read this verse, I felt Him saying to me as well: "Morgan, shall I give you 85%, but not 100%? Shall I dangle my promise to you to be glorified in you in front of your face and not let it come to fruition?" The answer is NO, that is not the character of our God. And so I left Colorado and went back to Georgia to finish fundraising, and God provided 92% while I was there, and since I've been back He has not only brought me to 100% of my on-campus budget, but also provided my full mission trip budget! Praise the Lord for His mercy and His provision THROUGH YOU!
Now that it is unbelievably almost February, I am praying hardcore for my two girls, Jenessa and Kelly, that God would be teaching each of them what it means not only to desire Him with our whole hearts, but "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which
is Christ
..." (Colossians 2:2). Would you be praying for them too?:
*Kelly (left) got ENGAGED in December, and then attended our Upper Midwest Region Women's Retreat February 2-4. Pray that God would cement the truths she learned this weekend on her heart and that she would experience His loving pursuit of her more fully as she prepares for marriage.
*Jenessa is feeling really bogged down with school, and I am PROUD of her for her diligence. Pray that even as she is diligent in her schoolwork, she would use that same drive to seek to know God more fully and intimately in Christ; pray that shewould embrace God's grace (Galatians 2:20-21).


I also want to explain the links on this site:
- first is The Navigators national website, so if you have any questions about the ministry, what we believe, or even what kinds of opportunities there are, you can access this site and hopefully get all your questions answered
- second is an opportunity to give online, if you or someone else so feel led. I would like to encourage you to pray about this before you give: ask God how He wants you to use His gifts to you.
- third is a web-ministry of the pastor of my church (John Piper at Bethlehem Baptist) in Minneapolis. There are a ton of resources about different theological topics here, and it is for your viewing pleasure.

Va update: Va spent a month in the hospital for a burst appendix over break, but is now out. Doctors say she's healing well, pray that she would continue to do so, as there is still risk of infection. Also pray that God would use this experience to draw her closer to Him, that she would experience Him as her Healer and Comforter.



Thank you so much!
May you experience God more fully in
the riches of His inheritance for you in Jesus Christ. :)

(this is my team for our summer
mission trip to Turkey...there will
be more updates on this later!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

utah real estate